Sunday 10 February 2013

but the taste of love

This week, i decided to challenge myself and ask some of my friends for topics to write on. I was given a few good ones that i will definitely write on in the coming days.But this one was special, coming from a special best friend (hehe, wink wink Amber)she said:"write a post ending with ' ...to know him would ruin the mystery, but i want his love.'"so here it is.

>>>

He’d catch my attention in the distance; without intending to.

And then I’d watch.

Intrigued, I find myself captivated by his presence though he could be hundreds of meters away.
I watch him laugh with a seemingly effortless smile. His eyes crinkle at the edge, giving off the impression of wisdom.

I crook my head to the side as I watch him about to collide with a student who was unaware; heading in his direction.

“Turn around” I urge him in my mind.

“You’re going to run into day-dreaming Dean. Turn around.” I stress in my head.

“You’re going to-!”

Too late.

Books fly everywhere. Papers flutter in the gentle breeze.

I let out a breath I hadn't noticed I was holding.

My short bangs catch my exhaled air and move out of place.

Pushing my hair back into place, I see him apologizing to day-dreaming Dean. Of course, that’s not his real name. But then again, I wouldn't know. I had no idea who that boy was.

Helping to pick up the scattered study notes, he hands them back to him and gives a heart stopping smile.

I look away and catch my breath.

My face grows hot as I stare at my lap. Stealing a glance at him, I watch him stroking one of the schools stray cats and absent minded I wonder how his gentle touch would feel against my face.

My thoughts wander when suddenly I remember what I had been occupied with before I got.. distracted.

I take out the pencil I had subconsciously put in my hair earlier and place the tip down on my notebook seated on my lap.

“what was I going to write?” I think.

I catch myself flitting my eyes in his direction.

“Stop” I tell myself, obviously distracted.

“Focus.” I close my eyes.

Seconds pass and I open my eyes in frustration unable to remember what I had been meaning to jot down into my notebook.

I snap it shut, irked.

About to shove it into my bag, I bite my pencil and look up.

My pencil falls.

Meters away our eyes meet; his bright eyes to mine, dark and dull.

Curiosity momentarily crosses his face.

A lonely girl with dark hair and dark eyes sitting under an old oak tree surrounded by autumn leaves reflected in his eyes.

He gives a hesitant smile.

Ashen, I look down and pack my bag in haste. I get up, brush the dirt off my back and slinging my bag, I walk away.

Looking back under my hair I catch his confused face turning back to his laughing friends as they call his name.

Quickly, I am forgotten.

Hugging myself, I decrease the speed of my step.

I hear the crunch of dead leaves under my feet. Strange how dead leaves could be so beautiful.

I wonder if he thinks so too.
I wonder if he likes this shade of orange like I do.
I wonder if he enjoys nature like this.

I smile to myself realizing how I was moulding him into something fiction in my head.

Turning around to look for him, I know I won’t find him.

But I catch his grey and blue jumper far in the distance.

I get a ridiculous idea of running to him and introducing myself.

As I thought about it turning my back to him again,
I realize,
to know him,
would ruin the mystery.


But back home, as I brush my hair out, I think,
“but I want his love.”
<<

(:
hope you enjoyed that! more to come. 
-Jess.

No comments:

Post a Comment