Monday 31 December 2012

Listen


this was a very impromptu story i wrote just a few minutes ago. (: its purely fictional. but hopefully it will make you think. 
enjoy. 

Listen. 

“As a child, I never understood why people stood on top of the tallest building in the city and jumped to their deaths. 

I never comprehended what they felt, what they thought.

But as i stand here, summer air clinging to my skin, I understand. Wind that breathed against my skin and not against those at the bottom of the 40 story building raised goose bumps to the surface of my sticky skin. I close my eyes and a tear escapes. I open the windows to my eyes and watch the single drop of water fall from my face down to the pavement below, hardly noticeable below in the hustle bustle of the street. 

I shook my head at the irony. That single tear, unnoticed and small. I felt just like that.  Simply passed by and overlooked.

My fists clench as I stare at the black sky. Tears clouded my vision of the beautiful stars splattered against the big black canvas of unknown. Flashbacks hit me like a double edged sword to the gut.

The times I was pushed around.
The times I was overlooked.
The times my efforts turn to dust.
The times I was misunderstood and mocked.
The times I tried so hard but was never..
I was just never good enough.

I fisted my hair threatening to pull them out from the roots in frustration. I looked down to the busy street below in anger. Maybe this will show them. Maybe this will finally open their blinded eyes and unblock their stubborn ears to my screams of help and cries of desperation.”


end part 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment